We are looking for a PhD candidate or recent graduate for a paid internship working on a healthcare sector machine-learning project. This would suit someone who is waiting for thesis examination, or just completed. A background in machine learning and/or data science is required. Knowledge of language models is a plus.
More information can be found at: https://aprintern.org.au/2019/03/20/apr-0904/
We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic, motivated and independent to assist in algorithm development, work on the experimental framework including programming and devops, as well as running experiments.
Skills and experience
The candidate does not need to have all of the following skills and experience, but competency in the following areas is a distinct advantage:
- Reading and summarising academic literature in related areas, in particular machine learning
- Cloud services (AWS and/or Google Cloud)
These qualifications are an advantage, but none are essential:
- Knowledge of scientific method and research mindset
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning and related fields
- Familiarity with current ML approaches/algorithms
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate studies (in progress or complete)
- Full time, flexible hours
- Small, energised and collaborative team, with PhDs in AI/Robotics and years of research and development experience
- Based in Melbourne, with a small office, but we are a distributed team
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us a few words about yourself and why you are interested in this position